About Dr. Prateek
M.B.B.S., M.S, MCH Surgical Oncology,FMAS Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgical Oncologist
Dr Prateek Varshney has a vast experience of more than a decade in the field of oncology and surgical management of cancers. He is one of the leading senior surgical Oncologist of Delhi/NCR. He is currently working as Senior Consultant and Head Surgical oncology at Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh,Delhi. He had his graduate, postgraduate and postdoctoral training from some of the leading medical colleges of India. He did his MBBS and MS General Surgery training from Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College and Hospital (JNMCH), Aligarh.
After that He went for specialized surgical oncology training, MCH Surgical Oncology from Gujarat Cancer Research Institute, Ahmedabad which is one of the prestigious regional cancer Centre of India. He has keen interest in minimal invasive surgeries in form of either laparoscopic or Robotic Surgeries in management of cancers. He is actively associated with different associations, organizations involved in the field of oncology. He is widely experienced in open, Laparoscopic and Robotic cancer surgeries. He has many scientific publications to his credit in field of oncology.
- He Had His Graduate, Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Training from Some of The Leading Medical Colleges of India.
- He did his MBBS and MS General Surgery training from Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College and Hospital (JNMCH),Aligarh.
He went for Specialized Surgical Oncology Training, MCH Surgical Oncology from Gujarat Cancer Research Institute, Ahmedabad Which is One of the Prestigious Regional Cancer Centre of India.
20+ years of experience
- Currently working as senior consultant and head,Surgical Oncology,Fortis Hospital,Delhi.
- Director Surgical Oncology, Cancros Oncology Solution,Delhi
- Head Surgical Oncology,Metro Hospital and Cancer Institute, New Delhi.
- Surgical Oncologist Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- Surgical Oncologist Dharamshila Hospital and Cancer Research Institute,
QUALIFICATIONS AND FELLOWSHIPS
- Mch surgical oncology, gujarat cancer research institute (gcri), Ahmedabad.
- Fellowship in minimal access surgery (laparoscopic / robotic) in Surgical Oncology.
- Masters general surgery (ms), Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College and hospital, Aligarh.
- Bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery (mbbs), Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh.
Why Choose Us
Cancer treatment is different from treatment of any other disease. It requires a team work of patient, their attendants, oncologists and supportive health care staff. We believe that it is very important to discuss the plan of treatment with the patient and their attendants at the start of treatment.
They should be aware of all aspects of treatment, so that they can follow the treatment with confidence and strength. We as a team always try to achieve this aim. This leads to better compliance of patients to their treatment. This in return gives better outcomes.
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- LIFE MEMBER, ASSOCIATION OF SURGEONS OF INDIA(ASI).
- LIFE MEMBER, INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF SURGICAL ONCOLOGY(IASO).
- LIFE MEMBER, FOUNDATION FOR HEAD AND NECK ONCOLOGY(FHNO).
- LIFE MEMBER, ASSOCIATION OF MINIMAL ACCESS SURGERY OF INDIA(AMASI).
Head & Neck Cancer
- Oral cavity cancers are the one of the most common cancers in India
- Surgical management of such cancers has developed drastically in last decade
- We aim to treat such patients with good functions & cosmetic results
- Mandibular preservation/reconstruction in majority of patient
- Free flap reconstruction
- Minimal scar of surgery on face using minimal access surgical techniques
- Trans oral lingual surgeries with lasers
Minimal Access Cancer Surgery
- Laparoscopic/ Robotic Surgery for Cancer of Esophagus/Stomach/Colon/Rectum/Ovary/Uterus/Cervix
- Video Assisted Thoracoscopic surgery for Lung cancers/Mediastinal Tumours/Thymus
- Such producers give better overcome due to Less pain/Less Blood Loss/Rapid Recovery from Surgery/Better surgery outcome due to better 3-D vision
Breast Conservation Surgery & Oncoplasty
- Aims to conserve/Reconstruct Breast with latest oncoplastic surgical technique
- Sentinel Lymph node dissection avoids complications like arm lymphedema & Shoulder movement restriction
- Local Flaps/Pedicled flaps/free flaps for reconstruction of breast
- Lympho-Venous micro vascular anastomoses to avoid & treat Lymphedema